|Yet More Lighting
||[Sep. 16th, 2008|11:43 pm]
Spectre Gruedorf Challenge Blog
Materials can be created, defined, and destroyed in the editor. |
The world parts have bump maps. Darin does not as of yet. (Falthorn! Come back! All is forgiven! I will finish Dredmor one day!)
- Specular. Right now we don't do any sort of a specular term at all, even though we could and stuff is set up for it to be done. I kind of like having the low-key "everything is dingy" look on everything, but I respect that this is not for everybody.
- Emissive surfaces. For that neon, Blade-runner-esque glow!
- Saving and loading of materials. Right now you can create, but they're not saved out.
Lighting Todo, In The Future:
- Shadows, obviously. Probably the next thing that requires a major investment of time and energy, because shadow mapping really is just a bitch to get working "correctly".
- Re-think the directional lightmaps. It might be nice.
First Version Todo:
- track down that crash in the material editor that I can never reproduce
- track down all crashes related to NVMeshMender being fed invalid data. Shoot NVMeshMender. (Real men calculate their own tangent spaces!)
- The Immediate Lighting TODO
- Finish the Visibility Crap.
- Do some testing on other people's hardware.
I'm going to leave the scripting stuff for Release 2. Again, anybody who wants to be in on the Release Roster, gimme a shout at mordred at gas lamp games dot com.