||[Feb. 11th, 2008|04:39 am]
Spectre Gruedorf Challenge Blog
Today: more editor work. In no particular order:|
- fixed texture coordinate generation on everything; we now do something remotely sane.
- made snap to grid work for everything
- added grid size control to LR of interface
- added rotation command
- had a lot of fun discovering that my math classes include no facilities whatsoever for converting matrices to quaternions and back, and for constructing matrices via yaw/pitch/roll. Spent some fun time computing quaternion formulas. Anyhow, rotation of brushes is in but I need to implement a proper, non-sucking Rotation Gizmo to make life easier for all parties involved.
- fixed 20 gazillion UI issues under the loving guidance of egometry
- unbroke XML saving and loading
- fixed various exciting bugs in the uiTreeViewWidget class. Go team.
Tomorrow's TODO: the undo feature. Woo, spooky stuff. If I get ambitious, I might try to remove the additional suckage of the input box widgets. If I'm REALLY ambitious, we get clipboard support.
"Has the editor made progress?"
"Yes. If we do this every night it will only be terrible by next week. Presently, it makes Baby Jesus cry and Hitler giggle. This is up from last week's state of 'causing entire levels of reality to cease to exist.'"